Batur Volcano Sunrise Trekking, Activity Tour in Bali
Bali’s topography is formed by a mountain chain that stretches from west to east, splitting the island into two distinct areas. In the north of the island, the mountain slopes are very steep, leaving just a narrow lowland area along north Bali’s seashores. In the south, however the mountain slopes are slight, forming a fertile plain which is always open to external influences. That’s why Bali is not only about different cultures and communities. Bali has several mountains with panoramic views and unique terrain. Hike and see Bali from the highest view. Geologically Bali Island is still active with two main volcanic centers, Mount Agung and Mount Batur.
The first historically documented eruption of Mount Batur was in 1804, and it has been active since then. The worst eruption was in 1917, when a violent eruption killed thousands of people and destroyed more than 60,000 homes, 2,000 temples. Legends tell us this was “the year when the world shook”. Other eruptions have taken place since and forced the local population to be relocated, along with several of their temples including one of the main Bali temples, Pura Ulun Danu Batur. Initially located on the foot of Mount Batur, inside the huge crater, this temple has been relocated to the top of the summit ridge and now offers an impressive panorama of Mount Batur. The last small activity was in 2000.
The caldera (cone) is populated by some villages and local people largely rely on agriculture for income but tourism has become increasingly popular due to the relatively straightforward trek to the summit of the central crater. The lake, Danau Batur, is the largest crater lake on the island of Bali and is a good source of freshwater fish.
Batur Volcano Sunrise Trekking Schedule :
- Arrive at Kintamani about 04:00 AM to start climbing
- Arrive at the Top Mt. Batur about 06:00 to see the sun rise
- Enjoy the sunrise about 30 minutes later, then go to crater taking about 30-40 minutes
- Stay at crater about 30 minutes then return back
- Arrive at Kintamani about 09:00 AM
- Bali has a tropical monsoon climate as a result; Bali is dominated by rainy and dry seasons with a transition period in between. The best time to go hiking to the top of the mountains is during the dry season (between April to September) because the trails are not slippery and it is probable there are no clouds or mist hampering your view of the magnificent panorama. And if you leave rather earlier in the morning you will be rewarded with the amazing sunrise on the top of the mountain, weather permitting.
- It is prohibited to go hiking during religious events/temple ceremonies. The Balinese believe that if you ignore this rule the Gods will punish you. You can believe it or not but we suggest you it is better to respect this rule.
What to Bring/Wear for Batur Volcano sunrise trekking:
- Walking shoes/sport shoes L
- Long pants
- a small snack
- Hotel Return Transfer & luggage service with Airconditioned car
- Light Breakfast
- Mineral Water
- Experienced guide
- Torch / flashlight
- Admission to Mt Batur
Not Inclusive :
- Tips & Insurance
Daily Pick up time :
|AREA||PICK UP TIME||REMARKS|
|Nusa Dua||02.00 AM|
valid : immediately – March 2015
|ADULT||USD 70.00/person||Min 2-person|
PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATION HERE!
Please inform us your details by fill the form below.
Top Page Batur Volcano Sunrise Trekking